Driver CPC Periodic Training
A qualification that professional lorry, bus and coach drivers will need to hold in addition to their vocational driving license. Its aim is to improve the knowledge and skills of new drivers and maintain and develop these skills throughout their working lives.
All courses can be tailored to your needs and will count towards your Driver CPC Training and ultimately you DQC (Driver Qualification Card) card. We will work with you throughout the training period, advising you from the books you need to the practical experience you require to get you your pass certificate.
Who Does It Affect?
- All new and existing LGV/PCV drivers
- Drivers with LGV/PCV licenses from other countries (based in the U.K.)
- And Drivers of Minibuses with nine seats or more and lorries over 3.5 tons (gvw)
There are exemptions.
Why Is It Being Introduced?
- To improve road safety through better qualified drivers
- To create an awareness of the benefits to the environment and fuel costs through eco-safe driving
- To encourage CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
- To reduce the number of accidents on our roads.
How Is It Being Introduced?
Driver CPC will be introduced in two ways:
Initial qualification for new drivers
- Two CPC modules will be added to the existing vocational test, to give four modules in total. Modules 1 and 3 represent the license acquisition and modules 2 and 4 are the driver CPC elements.
Periodic training for existing drivers
- The approval process for courses is managed on behalf of of the DVSA (Driving and Vehicles Standards Agency) by the JUAPT (Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training).
When Was It Introduced?
- For drivers of buses and coaches (D, D1, DE, D1E license holders 10th September 2008
- For drivers of lorries (C, C1, CE, C1E license holders) 10th September 2009
Who Will Carry Out The Training?
- Remember, only approved courses taken with approved training centres will count towards periodic training.
- The approval process for courses is managed on behalf of of the DVSA (Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency) by the JUAPT (Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training).
Angus HGV have a great team of instructors, they are very patient, very knowledgable and thorough in the training they provide.
Thank you to Pat and Kenny for getting me through my c + e licence, your instructing was great Pat! Would highly recommend.
Can’t praise Kenny and his team namely Pat who instructed me to a pass for my Class 1 HGV licence first class job. Cheers!