Getting Started

You must be 18 years of age, and hold a full car entitlement (B or BE) before you can apply to the DVLA for a Provisional category C or D licence.

Step 1

You must complete application form D2 (Provisional Entitlement) and send it off with Medical and Eye-Test Examination Report D4 filled in and signed by a Doctor. Include your licence with both forms and send them to the DVLA. Both forms can be supplied by us and a Medical arranged for £50.00 (including VAT) if required.

Step 2

I suggest you start studying for the Theory tests (Module 1) once you have sent off the forms, this will allow you to book your Multiple Choice Questions and Hazard Perception tests as soon as your new licence is returned. We can supply you with online study material for both theory tests at no additional cost. You can sit both tests back to back or at different times.

Step 3

Once you have passed both parts of the theory test, call your Instructor and he will organise your practical training and test (Module 3). This is traditionally a five-day intensive training course, ending with your test on the fifth day.

Modules 1 and 3 represent your Vocational LGV Licence. To obtain the Driver CPC Initial Qualification, a further two modules are required:

Step 4

Module 2 is a computer based case-studies test, similar to the  Multiple Choice Questions.

Step 5

Call your Instructor and he will book Module 4 for you, which is a Practical Demonstration Test. You will need the Truck for this – but no driving involved!

If you are simply upgrading your licence. For example from category C (rigid) to category C+E (artic) only the ‘Practical Test’ is required.

Client Testimonials

Angus HGV have a great team of instructors, they are very patient, very knowledgable and thorough in the training they provide.

Dominic Paterson

Thank you to Pat and Kenny for getting me through my c + e licence, your instructing was great Pat! Would highly recommend.

Seif Ashraf

Can’t praise Kenny and his team namely Pat who instructed me to a pass for my Class 1 HGV licence first class job. Cheers!

Keith Rennie